I’m not going to lie, I’ve kinda fallen out with blogging lately. I just don’t feel inspired to write anything at all. I was trying to think of what to write about. I’d love to start writing more about music and I will, soon. I found this little music questionnaire online so I thought I’d fill it out and see if it puts me in a better blogging mood. Feel free to steal it. It’s a little MySpace but here we go…
1. What are you listening to right now?
‘Run’ by Bring Me The Horizon
2. What song(s) make(s) you sad?
‘Ashes of Eden’ by Breaking Benjamin.
‘Rise Above This’ by Seether.
3. How often do you listen to music?
Every single day.
4. Your all time favorite band?
Of all time? I’d have to say Linkin Park. I’ve been a big fan since the age of 11, I’ve seen them over 20 times, I’ve got a silly little LP tattoo and I have a box upstairs full of badges, guitar picks from gigs, magazine cut outs, books, bags, t-shirts and other collectibles that I saved. I was …… slightly obsessed as a teenager haha.
5. Your newly discovered band is?
They aren’t new but after I saw Motionless In White play Welcome To Rockville, I’ve become a fan. I wasn’t really into them before that but their stage presence won me over…. then a few days later they release Graveyard Shift which is one fine album!
6. Best female voice?
Personally I love me a bit of Taylor Swift. Don’t care. But if we were talking about pure talent, I’d have to say Carrie Underwood. I’m not particularly into her music but her voice is amazing.
7. Best male voice?
Adam Gontier, by far!
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Those bands that have those dudes playing those guitars and bashing those drums and screaming down those mics. That kind.
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
I shove a bit of Country music on.
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
Welcome To Rockville 2017… I’ve had to take some time off from all that to take care of my baby. On Monday I’m off to see Sum 41 though and I’m dead excited.
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
It’s between the following:
- I Prevail
- Motionless In White
- Bring Me The Horizon
13. Most hated band?
Either Red Hot Chili Peppers or Green Day. I also can’t stand Jason Aldean. His voice is proper miserable.
14. Song that makes you think?
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
I honestly can’t think of one. I don’t think the world needs to have the same music taste as I do.
16. Coolest music video?
I’m not saying this is the coolest video ever but this is exactly the kind of music video I like and it’s the first one to pop in head.
and this is my favourite music video because it makes me laugh.
17. Best concert you’ve been to?
I’ve been to so many amazing shows, but the energy that Bring Me The Horizon brought on their last US tour was winner for me. I saw them in Orlando (duh) and it was more like a party instead of a show. Wait, I’ll try to find a video.
This isn’t the best quality in sound but it’ll do…
Other absolute favourites include:
Disturbed…… I could be here all day!
18. What do you play/would you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
19. Can you play a musical instrument?
I used to play the piano a very long time ago.
20. Ever been in a mosh pit?
LOL have I ever been in a mosh pit? That’s cute.
21. Are you in a band?
22. What is your favourite song ever?
Lowlife by Theory of Deadman because it makes me laugh and puts me in a good mood.
23. Do you wish that you were a musician?
I’d like to be able to play a few instruments but I’d never be in a band or go up on stage. I’m too shy.
24. Best chick band you know of?
The Pretty Reckless. How gorgeous is Taylor Momsen though? They are actually really good live. Prefer Gossip Girl though HAHAH….HA? Not funny.
25. Last song that you heard on the radio/CD…etc…?
I can’t remember what I had for dinner, never mind what was on the radio before I got home.
26. What do you think of Classical music?
27. What do you think of Country music?
I LOVE Country music.
28. What do you think of Death metal?
I’m honestly not really into Death Metal. It’s a bit much for me.
29. Last BIG band that you saw live?
Oh my god Def Leppard at Rockville last year. They were SO bad. I grew up on the likes of them and Thunder but they are a bit past it now…
30. Are you a groupie?
31. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
32. Does listening to violent music make you more aggressive?
No that’s not true. If anything, it does the opposite.
33. Worst concert moment?
Worst? I can’t really think of any. Hmmmm I dunno. I met Sick Puppies once and was first in line, then the (former) vocalist was rude to me, so I threw whatever he signed back at him and called him an asshole. He annoyed me haha.
34. Funny concert moment?
I don’t think you realise how many “concerts” I’ve been to… Ugh I don’t know. Watching Benjamin Burnley from Breaking Benjamin fan boy out over meeting Chevelle was kinda cute.
35. Sad concert moment?
I can’t really think of anything.
36. Best local act you can think of?
Do Trivium count? They are from Florida haha! Ugh, I don’t know.
37. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
38. Do you listen to the radio?
I try to but they play the same shit over and over again so I shove Spotify on.
39. Do you watch music TV?
I watch the Country Music channel, yes.
40. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
I don’t concern myself with all that.
41. Have you met any famous musicians/bands?
I’ve met quite a few but I don’t care to show off about it. They are just people.
42. What would life be like for you without music?
43. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
Because I want to go on holiday 🙂
44. Song that describes your life?
Don’t take that seriously…. But it is my absolute favourite song ever haha!!!
45. Favourite album?
‘Hybrid Theory’ by Linkin Park
‘That’s The Spirit’ by BMTH